Ada May Hulme (1884 – 1965)
My Hulme ancestors have been traced back to St Pancras, Middlesex, England in the early 1800s.
My maternal great grandmother, Ada May Hulme, was born at Oxley, Victoria on the 10th of May 1884 to parents Joseph Hulme and Anna Dorothea Bartsh.
Ada married William Thomas Morgan in 1905. Their daughter Daisy Marion was my maternal grandmother.
Great grandma and great grand dad Ada and Bill Morgan had five children and seventeen grandchildren.
- Clarice May (nickname Tod) 1905 – 1998
- Daisy Marion (nickname Billy) 1908 – 1998
- Ellen Mavis (nickname Bobby) 1910 – 1981
- Lila Elaine (nickname Johnny) 1913 – 1990
- and finally the much wanted boy! Herbert William (nickname Bert of course) 1926 – 1971
They lived for many years at Boggy Creek near Moyhu in Victoria.
Grandma Morgan died at Wangaratta, Victoria, at the age of 80, on the 22nd of April 1965.
Grandad had pre-deceased her by 15 years.
- Posted in: Family History
- Tagged: Ada, Bartsh, Hulme, Morgan
Thank you for following my blog, hope you enjoy it. I am thrilled to return the favor, but can you include some back ground info? What the town was like, etc?
It fun to see what your great-grandmother looked like as both a young and old woman.
It is fun indeed Sheryl. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I’m still learning WordPress.